First Friday Creative Writing Flirt - February
Time & Location
About The Event
What's a creative writing flirt? It's a way to play with words without taking yourself too seriously!
February 5, 2021, @ 7:00-8:30 pm Amsterdam-time (check your time zone here)
Muse Date ticket: €10-20 sliding scale /pay what you can.
Max participants: 5
(Unable to pay but would love to join? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
During this 1.5 hour creative encounter, we'll co-create a safe, supportive space for writers of all ability levels to explore their creative voice. Working with prompts, (aka "flirts"), we'll write together in 10- and 15-minute bursts, by hand, without stopping, thinking, editing, or scratching out. We’re looking for the truth unleashed through a raw, free, flow--not polished, finished work. We will then take turns sharing and listening to each other's writing, providing and receiving positive, encouraging feedback only.
Drawing on techniques from Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones, Pat Schneider's Writing Alone and with Others, and the AWA method, we create a generous atmosphere that is non-hierarchical, honest, and safe, where the value of every voice is respected.
• Writing belongs to all people. Everyone has a strong unique voice and innate creativity.
• All writing produced is treated as fiction, to minimize the personal vulnerability of the writer.
• Rather than saying "you," we use the terms “the narrator” and “the character” when referring to work shared.
• Feedback (optional)
- What I liked...
- What felt strong/has energy...
- What I will remember...
- Thank you for sharing.
• We refrain from criticism, questions, suggestions, and personal anecdotes.
• All writing is kept confidential.
• The facilitator writes with the participants and reads aloud along with the other writers.
• Spelling, punctuation, grammar, margins and page lines don't matter
• Keep your hand moving—no pausing to reread or rewrite. No crossing out or editing.
• Don’t think. Lose control. Go where the energy is, even if it gets scary or raw.
- Creative Writing Flirt€10€100€0
- Creative Writing Flirt€15€150€0
- Creative Writing Flirt - Guest€0€00€0