Here is the recipe from featured Muse Community Sweetheart Liz Sykes. (Making these during the holidays is a tradition in her family!)
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, soften
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped pitted dates
1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
2 2/3 cups corn flakes crushed
15 maraschino cherries, cut into quarters
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Beat well. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture. Mix well. Sit in nuts, dates, and 1/3 chopped cherries.
4. Shape dough into small balls, about the size of a spoonful. Roll in corn flakes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each cookie with a cherry quarter.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.